Every kitchen has the potential for great functionality, smart storage, and display, but some areas are compact, and there may not be space for these aspects. One of the best ways to solve this problem is to get a kitchen island installed. If you are considering a kitchen renovation and want to improve the functionality and appeal of your kitchen, a new kitchen island will do the trick. If you aren’t very sure about whether this is a good feature for your custom kitchen, read on:
Advantages of a Kitchen Island
There are many advantages to getting a kitchen island installed, such as:
- It adds storage areas in addition to the existing cabinetry.
- It’s a perfect spot for supervising kids doing homework while you rustle up a meal.
- The surface can also be used for enjoying informal meals. All you have to do is place bar stools at one end.
- You can use this surface as a food prep area so that the counter space near the stove doesn’t get cluttered and messy when you are cooking.
Aspects to Keep In Mind When Designing Kitchen Islands
While this feature will surely add dimension, functionality, and beauty to your kitchen, it’s crucial to plan it well. Some aspects to keep in mind include:
- Make sure you plan an island of the right size. Too large, and it will overwhelm the space and be more of an obstruction rather than a functional installation.
- Focus on the design of the kitchen island and make sure it complements the cabinets and other elements in that space.
- Choose the right countertop material, which will be resilient and long-lasting.
- Select materials that are low-maintenance and easy to clean.
- Plan the storage and display areas in this structure correctly.
- Decide whether you are going to have a sink or any cooking source and plan the plumbing accordingly.
- You can check what the latest kitchen island design trends are, but always keep your kitchen’s styling in mind, or the new feature will stand out like a sore thumb.
One of the simplest ways to get everything right and have the kitchen island of your dreams is to hire skilled, creative professionals for the custom kitchen renovation work. They will provide design options, plans, and make sure there is plenty of storage space. Also, they will guide your material choices, and you will have a stunning kitchen island within no time at all.