Modern homeowners spend thousands of dollars on bathroom remodels to ensure these spaces feel comfortable. They experiment with different styles, draw inspiration from current trends, and add personal touches to make it their own. Here’s a look at some of the most popular bathroom styles and trends today so you can find something that appeals to you:
Different Bathroom Styles
There are too many impressive bathroomdesigns to list down, and homeowners love to experiment. However, some designs are more popular than others; here’s a look at them:
- Victorian – The Victorian bathroom is luxurious yet restrained with jewel-tone tiles, floral prints, gold trims, pedestal sinks, and more. People choose this design for their bathroom remodel because it is timeless.
- Transitional – The transitional style is a mix of modern and vintage, which makes it the perfect choice for today’s homes. Modern elements can include sleek bathtubs, countertops, and sinks while the vintage features can be framed-cabinetry, ornate handles, traditional copper faucets, and pipes, etc.
- Asian Style – The Asian style is minimalist, clean, and organic. There’s a lot of open space with polished wood and soft brown, cream, or beige tones. The atmosphere is peaceful, meditative, and easy to maintain.
- Beach Style – The beach style bathroom provides a very relaxed atmosphere. It is characterized by soft blue and green tones, white countertops, decorative elements that represent the beach such as sand, seashells, and ocean-themed artwork, etc. This style is popular because the bathroom looks bright and airy.
- Contemporary – The contemporary bathroom has several modern minimalist fixtures and clean lines. There’s a lot of free space, which makes this bathroom easier to maintain. This style uses a contrast of light and dark shades. So, you have clean white bathtubs, sinks, countertops, etc., with dark wood paneling, walls, and accents.
Other popular styles to consider during bathroom restoration include traditional, industrial, cottage-style, and ultra-modern.
Most Popular Materials Used
Bathrooms have a damp, warm environment, and not all materials are suitable for them. When you plan a bathroom restoration, it is essential to choose the materials carefully. The most popular and resilient options include:
- Ceramic tiles for walls and floors
- Glass for shower stalls
- Quartz for countertops
- Vinyl tiles for floors
- Copper and brass for faucets
- Stainless steel for plumbing installations
Good-quality materials improve the bathroom’s lifespan and will help you save money on repairs. Hire an experienced contractor to make sure your new bathroom looks great and lasts for a long time.